Custom Search

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Missing runs...

Here's another double update.  Work's been a bit busy, but here's the breakdown:

Week 1
Sunday: Workout A
Monday: None
Tuesday: Workout C
Wednesday: Planks
Thursday: Neutral-grip pullups, pushups
Friday: None
Saturday: None

Weigh-in:
173.5 lb

Week 2:
Sunday: Workout A
Monday: None
Tuesday: Workout B
Wednesday: None
Thursday: Workout C
Friday: None
Saturday: Run - 1.5 miles @ 2.0% incline (9:05 pace, with intervals at end)

It's been a rough two weeks for running.  Either I didn't have the time or I just didn't have the motivation to go out and run.  There was also the whole losing strength issue that I had, so I was pretty focused on making sure I got enough calories and rest to ensure my muscles would rebuild.  When I did finally go running, I wound up with some heavily-cologned guy "walking" next to me.  The cologne was so strong, I nearly had an asthmatic attack.  Even though he left before I finished, I had a slight wheeze by then.  This coupled with an already hard run (first time since two weeks), destroyed my hopes for that workout.  I was very annoyed when I left the gym that day.  Almost enough to write a post about do's and don'ts of working out at a gym.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I've been pretty bummed about this winter.  Usually, I'm pretty psyched about skiing and stuff, but I'm more excited about the warmer weather so I can run (outdoors), bike, and hike again.  The good thing is that it's nearly mid-February.  So, I'm going to start tackling my runs so I can get back into the swing of things by spring.


Last weigh-in:
174.5 lb

No comments:

Post a Comment