Custom Search

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Broke the 170 mark

Well, at my last weigh-in, I broke my short-term goal of 170.0 lb. It took a while to go from 175.0 to 170.0, but persistence paid off. Here's the breakdown:

Sunday: Chest/back/abs
Monday: None
Tuesday: Shoulders/triceps/biceps
Wednesday: Run
Thursday: Pushups/pullups, heavy weights
Friday: None
Saturday: None

I've been bad again at the cardio. Only ran once. I did, however, manage to stay on top of my weight workouts. What a surprise, huh? Part of it is that it's tough to wake up in the morning and get to the gym. Yeah, I can run outdoors, but it's been bad outside in terms of weather. Then this past Saturday, I had to decide between running and showering or cutting my hair and showering. I decided on the latter as I was due for a cut.

The good news is that I've hit 15 reps for my "light" workout and 10 reps for my "heavy" workout. So as of today, I've increased my weights and dropping my reps. I'm going to increase the reps by 1-2 per week until I'm good for the next one. Increasing weights is good, because with my weight loss, it means I'm getting stronger while leaning out. I still need to work more on cardio endurance. And my diet? Argh. That part is so hard. Food is too good. Haha. But it is true. Diet is 80% of your fitness regimen. I'm just going to have to keep on top of what I'm doing.

Next weight goal? I'm gonna see how I feel at 165.0 lb. I'll reevaluate then and see what I want to do from there.


Last weigh-in:
169.5 lb

No comments:

Post a Comment