Custom Search

Monday, December 14, 2009

Need to run more...

Blah, another double week update. Just not staying on top of this. But here it is:


Week 1
Sunday: Run - 4 miles @ 11:30 pace
Monday: None
Tuesday: Shoulders, hammer curls, squats, calf raises, ab work
Wednesday: None
Thursday: Workout B
Friday: None
Saturday: None

Weigh-in: 173.0 lb


Week 2
Sunday: Workout A, ab work
Monday: None
Tuesday: Workout C
Wednesday: None
Thursday: Workout B, 1-mile cooldown run
Friday: None
Saturday: Run - 1.5 miles @ 9:13 pace


As I've mentioned before, I've switched to a simple full-body routine where I'm targeting almost every group about twice a week. After my first couple workouts, my muscles were sore for a few days, so that means working out is a challenge again. Nice! I've gained some weight over the Thanksgiving holiday, but I seem to be settling back to around 173.0 174.0 lb. It's heavier, but I think it's a combination of the increase resistance-training and the decrease in cardio. I think I'll drop back to 171.0 - 172.0 when I start running again. My motivation is back again, so I'm actually looking forward to working out and running.

My ankle is still not quite 100%. I can't fully flex my foot, and lateral range of motion is still limited. I've been trying to lightly stretch it out, but it's a very slow process. Wrist was doing fine up until yesterday. I forgot I usually do upright rows with 25.0 lb dumbbells and did 3 sets of 8 with 32.5-pounders. Tweaked it a bit, but not as bad as before...I hope. In general, the upright row is very stressful on the wrist area, so I'm going to drop it temporarily. I might not even perform it again unless I have access to an EZ-curl bar so my wrists can be in a more natural position. Overall, I need to baby my wrist again and that means biceps curls are back on "we'll see" basis. Hammer curls are okay though.

I've had an annoying cough for a couple weeks now as well, and I think it's beginning to subside. So, I'm going to try to hit the treadmill some more. I still would like to get to running 10K's by spring.


Last weigh-in:
173.0 lb

No comments:

Post a Comment